24-week Healthcare Interpreter Training Program
Interpreter Education Online
Healthcare interpreters who seek comprehensive training.
Thsi course provides in-depth training and offers a comprehensive approach to theoretical and practical training for aspiring healthcare interpreters. It consists of six major components distributed among eight units:
1. Fundamentals of the U.S. healthcare system
2. Categories of Medicine and Healthcare
3. Special Topics: Body Systems, Diseases, Medical Devices and Procedures, Healthcare System in the U.S.
4. Healthcare Interpreter Code of Ethics and Standards of Practice
5. Interpretation Theory
6. Interpretation Practice
The Course is designed to:
1. Expand students’ knowledge of the U.S. healthcare system and medical procedures
2. Help students to build an extensive base of “ready-to-use” linguistic equivalents of special terminology and phraseology
3. Improve interpretation skills under the guidance of language-specific mentors
4. Promote in-depth knowledge and understanding of the ethical principles in the healthcare interpreting profession.
Phone: (313) 481-4985
Fax: (888) 225-1912
Return to training listings
© 2013, International Medical Interpreters Association
Find us online: