The External Relations Committee GoalsIMIA External Relations Committee Chairperson
- Identify and facilitate the development of collaborative agreements with other organizations with a similar mission;;
- Maintain relations and identify opportunities for collaboration with partner or supporting organizations
- Maintain memberships and communications with other interpreter and translator associations; and
- Coordinate the Corporation’s presence at other organization’s events.
Jelena Mujanovic serves as director of Language Access Metro Project, (LAMP), an agency of Catholic Family Services, where she worked for the past nine years as Interpreter, Team Leader, Community Outreach Coordinator, and Cultural Competence Trainer. Jelena, a Bosnian refugee, arrived to St. Louis with her family in 1996. Since then she has actively volunteered in the community in hopes of bringing understanding and solidarity among its members. She is a Mental Health Interpreting Trainer at St. Louis Community College and a licensed trainer for Bridging the Gap. Her educational background is in economics and German language and culture. Contact ERelations@imiaweb.org
The External Relations Committee shall be composed of (a) such members (at least one of whom shall be a Director) as may be appointed by the President, with the advice of the Vice-President, and (b) the President (acting in an ex officio voting capacity). The External Relations Committee powers and duties include but are not limited to:
(a) Identify and facilitate the development of collaborative agreements with other organizations with a similar mission;;
(b) Maintain relations and identify opportunities for collaboration with partner or supporting organizations
(c) Maintain memberships and communications with other interpreter and translator associations; and
(d) Coordinate the Corporation’s presence at other organization’s events.
Serving in a chapter, committee or division leadership role provides enormous opportunities
, both professionally and personally. IMIA Chairs frequently find themselves becoming more successful in their own careers as they develop additional skills, make useful business connections, and share ideas with other division members. The IMIA Administration provides support and mentoring for their success. Preference shall be given to candidates with previous involvement in the activities of the organization.Vice Chairperson
To Apply for an IMIA Chairperson Position, See the Requirements (same as for IMIA Representation):
Vice Chairperson Responsibilities:
- To assist and work closely with the Chairperson in all their responsibilities as requested
- To assume the duties of the Chairperson when the chairperson is not present or available
- To apply for the chairperson position when the chairperson ends their term
To Apply for an IMIA Chairperson Position, See the Requirements of the Chairperson. All is the same except that only one letter of recommendation is needed, not two.
If you have any questions about applying please email email@example.com
Contact the Chair of the External Relations Committee at ERelations@imiaweb.org
© 2013, International Medical Interpreters Association
Find us online: