As a professional association, IMIA encourages and supports standards of professional ethics, practices, and competence. The Ethics Committee was established to respond to complaints of violations of IMIA Code of Ethics or the IMIA Bylaws.
The Ethics Committee is asked to do the following:
• investigate all actionable complaints of violation submitted to IMIA;
• administer IMIA’s Procedures for Professional Ethics Proceedings on behalf of the Board;
• ensure confidentiality and due process to members accused of ethics violations;
• report the Committee’s determination of a violation and proposed sanctions to the IMIA Board of Directors; and
• provide the IMIA Board of Directors with a summary report of the dismissal of any actionable complaints of violation.
Sanctions can include suspension or termination of IMIA membership, as stipulated on our Bylaws.
© 2013, International Medical Interpreters Association
Find us online: